Saturday, February 16, 2008

Cover Letters

I thought the website was very helpful. I have already had to write a mock cover letter for another class, but this has definitely helped. I did not realize that the cover letter is more or less all about the company and what you know and how you can benefit that company. The sample cover letter was helpful to see how long it should be. I also did not realize that you could include a hand written p.s. at the end of the cover letter. That was an interesting little bit of information that I did not know. Also, it was helpful to know that you can include testimonials that will help sell you to the company. Overall, I thought this was a helpful website. Knowing that each cover letter I write should be tailored to that company or business well definitely be helpful in the future when I start applying for jobs after graduation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never heard the handwritten ps advice before, so I'm not sure I agree with it. I think all the other advice is good.