Saturday, February 9, 2008

Interviewing Skills

The articles from this website were very helpful. The two that I have chosen to write about are called "An Interview Strategy: Telling Stories" and "How to Deal With Interview Stress." Knowing how to tell stories about how I handle situations in the past and that this will help me in interviews is helpful. It was helpful that they gave a time limit for your stories (between 30-90 seconds) and ideas to develop your stories with. The article dealing with stress was also really helpful. The relaxation tips were really helpful. Also, the part about not panicking when when there is a pause during the interview is helpful. Because during a past interview I had an awkward pause, so now knowing relaxation tips to get back on track during the interview will be helpful for the next time I have one. I feel like this will be helpful when I go for an interview for a "real" job and the "mock" interview. Knowing how to present myself in an professional and confident manner is very important.

No comments: